If the thought of wearing a bikini sends you into a spin, you’re not alone. After all, winter is the season for hibernation and comfort food – think crispy roast potatoes and warm apple crumbles. Or cosy evenings on the sofa, watching MasterChef or Ninja Warrior, with a block of Cadbury Dairy Milk nearby. Sound familiar?
Gradually, the weight creeps on. Yet summer will be here before you know it: goodbye winter jackets, hello bathers! Suddenly, there’s nowhere to hide those extra kilos. Remember your New Year’s resolutions? Lose weight, tone up, get fit, boost your energy levels: despite your best intentions, they’ve fallen by the wayside.
We know it’s cold, and the mornings are dark. You’re lacking motivation. But to achieve results, you need consistency – no excuses.
Here’s the good news: now is the time to dust off your running shoes and get back out there. As they say, summer bodies are made in winter.
Running is one of the most efficient ways to lose weight. Not only is it much quicker than walking the same distance, but the benefits of high-intensity exercise continue after you stop running. That means you’re still burning calories while you’re eating breakfast.
Plus, running will help you achieve your toned beach body. Jogging uses large groups of muscles, toning your entire body – but especially your legs and glutes. And because you’re carrying your entire body weight, you’ll increase your muscle tone.
So, if you’re serious about toning up for summer, then come and join us. At Run Ready, our running groups make it easy to get fit and shape up. Here’s how:
– You’ll feel safe. In winter, it’s easy to convince yourself that it’s too dark to run. Sometimes, as women, we don’t feel safe running alone. Joining our group will put your mind at ease.
– You’ll have fun. Unfortunately, you can’t rely on the winter weather to boost your spirits. But starting your day with a sociable, inclusive group of energetic people will do wonders for your mood.
– You’ll see results. Expert coaches will help you nail your individual fitness goals, and we’re truly passionate about empowering and supporting you to reach your full potential. Whether you’re training for a marathon, or shedding a few kilos, our proven track record speaks for itself.
– You’ll feel more motivated. Without a doubt, motivation is contagious. When your running buddies start discussing their next goals, you’ll be swept up in their enthusiasm. Aim for October’s Melbourne Marathon Festival: with options for 5.7km, 10km, 21km or the full marathon, there’s something for everyone.
– You’ll be committed and consistent. The fact that you pay up-front means you’re extra committed, and less likely to sleep in when it’s too cold or too dark, or you’re too busy or too tired. Remember, consistency leads to results.
So, with only one month of winter remaining, it’s time to get cracking. Shed your extra kilos and tone up those wobbly bits while there’s still time. Come summer, you’ll be glad you did.
Click for more information on Run Ready’s recreational running group.